Academy 180 grand piano
Our new Academy grands feature polished birdseye maple inner rim, custom hammers (walnut mouldings, underfelted, Wurzen felt), Roslau piano wire, British Hainsworth keyboard cloth and felt, real wood sharps (keytops), premium solid quarter sawn spruce 'Kölbl Austrian tonewood' soundboard, full duplex scaling and tone collectors.
These are high specification instruments with a warm, lyrical voice. The bass is warm and fundamental, tenor is dark and rounded, and the treble sings with a delicate bell-like clarity. Venables & Son pianos share these characteristics, ideally suited to those wanting a piano for a more intimate environment, chamber-work or vocal accompaniment.
The European-beech capped vertically laminated (maple) bridge is engineered to provide the most efficient and consistent conduction of string resonance to the soundboard, whilst achieving a rounded, sonorous tone.
- Vertically-laminated maple and mahogany bridge
- Bevelled Edge on Top Lid
- Elegant Contrasting Polished Bird-Eye Maple finished Inner Rim
- Elegant Tapered Legs with Spade Feet and Premium Solid Brass Castors
- Fully Adjustable Music Desk
- Soft Close Fallboard (keyboard lid)
- Wide-tail design (maximises string length and soundboard area for a fuller bass register)
- Full Duplex Scaling
- Tapered Premium Spruce Soundboard
- Solid wood Sharps
- Highly responsive traditional-designed action (no plastic parts)
- Custom Hammers (walnut moulding, underfelted) with premium Wurzen felt
- British Hainsworth Keyboard Felt and Cloth
- Solid beech key inserts at balance point, improves feel and extends key durability
- Quality Assured: Global Standard ISO9001:2000 Certification
- Intelligent Scaling with Precision CNC Milled and Drilled Wet Sand Cast Iron Frame
Included Services and Accessories
- Comprehensive bespoke preparation
- Konzert Piano Stool (deep buttoned leather seat, adjustable)
- 5 Year Guarantee
|Polished Ebony (black)||£11,500|
Visit our exclusive showrooms to audition these instruments. Please call or email to make your informal appointment.